One of the earliest Picture Houses was the Royal Animated Pictures at Paisley Cross - this was later to be the sight of the Glen Cinema - one of the worst disasters to beset Paisley.
It wasn’t until the 1930’s that cinema in Paisley really took off.
On the High Street we had the Picture House, the La Scala and further along The Regal.
Lawn Street had the Astoria ( affectionally called the Bug-Hut) and in Weighhouse Close was the Palladium.
Further out there was the Kelburne in Glasgow Road, the New Alex in Orr Street,in the South Side, and The West End Cinema in the West End .