Seperator
Seperator

Home

Blog

Shop

Links

Guestbook

Sitemap

Contact

Paisley Online Web Banner1
Charles Davidson

Charles Davidson was born in Forfar  but moved to Paisley in 1875 to work on the National Bank and Bank of Scotland in St Mirren Street. Davidson  remained in Paisley and commenced independent practice there around 1880.  He died in February 1925. Davidson's two sons took over the practice, the name of which became C Davidson & Son and it continued to work in Paisley.

Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary

The Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary in Mansionhouse Road was designed by Charles Davidson,and opened in 1899 to replace an earlier Eye Infirmary in Gauze Street. The Infirmary was a gift to the town by Provost Mackenzie in honour of Queen Victoria’s diamond Jubilee. The white building on the right was a later addition by James Steel Maitland, another of Paisley’s illustrious architects.  The Infirmary closed in the 1980’s and is now a Nursing Home.

2 St Mirren Street

2 St Mirren Street

Kelburn Clubhouse

Kelburn Clubhouse

Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary

Royal Victoria Eye Infirmary

Paisley Daily Express Building

Paisley Daily Express Building

Monimail - Charles Davidson

Monimail - Thornly Park Avenue

[Paisley Online] [News & Events] [History] [Paisley Photos] [Renfrewshire] [Attractions] [Architects] [John Hutchison] [TG Abercrombie] [James Steel Maitland] [James Donald] [WD McLennan] [Charles Davidson] [And the Rest..] [Pub Guide]

© paisleyonline.co.uk 2012

Paisley Architects

John Hutchison

TG Abercrombie

J Steel Maitland

WD McLennan

James Donald

Charles Davidson

More Architects

Seperator
Seperator