Together they were responsible for buildings such as Makerston House on Park Road, The Hugh Smiley Day Nursery in Storie Street and the North of Scotland And Town & County Bank in Gilmour Street, (photo, left), The Trust Inn in Kilbarchan as well as a number of Villas in Thornly Park and Castlehead.
The Partnership was dissolved in 1918 and Harry Cook then teamed up with Andrew Hamilton to form Cook & Hamilton and together they designed amongst many, the New Templar Halls in the Sneddon, Airdoch in Thornly Park and Lochfield Primary School.
In 1874 John Albert Rennison took into partnership Andrew Robb Scott to form Rennison & Scott and within a year they had won the prestigious competition for the design of Paisley Town Hall. However, the family of George A Clark who were funding the project decided against the design and eventually hired the firm of William Henry Lynn from Belfast to design the Town Hall that we know and love. The partnership did design one notable Paisley building, that of the Good Templar Halls in 1881.